Swimming Pool Demolition In Five Simple Steps
Swimming pools are known to give an aesthetic appeal to the house. But, when they get old and ugly, they become a liability on the people who own them. At that point of time, there is nothing better than having the swimming pool demolished because keeping them and investing in the maintenance is only going to add to the worries of the people. There are some simple steps to follow in order to get the swimming pool demolished. It will take some time and effort, but in the end, you are going to a lot of free space and a high bank balance.
The swimming pool can be demolished in five easy steps, which you can do it on your own. If you don’t have time or you want get the job done with an utmost perfection, then you can hire a professional swimming pool removal company in order to demolish the swimming pool. But, let us just take a look at the five steps that you can use to demolish the swimming pool. Before we go into that, it is important to decide as to which demolition method you will like to implement.
There are three different methods that can be used to demolish the swimming pool, which are as follows:
- Partial swimming pool demolition: There are two types of partial demolitions that you can opt. In the first method, only the top layer, which is covered with tiles is removed. After that, you have to make holes at the bottom and fill those holes with gravels. Then, you have to fill the swimming pool with dirt and sand. If you wish to grow anything, then this method won’t be an ideal one unless you add a good amount of topsoil.
- Partial demolition that is around two feet deep: In this, the first process remains the same, i.e., holes are punched and then, filled with the gravel. Now, the concrete wall up to two feet along with the reinforced steel is removed. After that, the swimming pool is back-filled with dirt and sand. This concludes the partial demolition.
- Complete swimming pool demolition: This method is opted when people have to build something in place of the swimming pool. Each and everything will be demolished in this process, and the area will be covered with sand and dirt.
Now, coming back to the swimming pool demolition, let us find out how to do it step by step.
- Drain the swimming pool: It is important to drain the swimming pool properly. This can be done using a submersible pump, which is quite easily available.
- Punch holes: To get your swimming pool demolished, you need to get special permits. Make sure that all the electrical wires and gas lines are properly disconnected. Then, punch the holes that are about 2 feet in radius using a jack hammer. If you have an average sized swimming pool, then you will have to punch 3-4 holes. After doing so, add the gravel into the holes about 8 inches deep. This is going to ensure easy drainage. You will also see many people filling the bottom of the swimming pool with gravel. The main motive is to protect the pool area from excessive moisture.
- Remove the Wall: The next step for you is to get rid of the swimming pool walls, which you can do with the help of a jack hammer. You have to remove two things, which are, concrete walls and the reinforced steel.
- Backfill with Dirt & Sand: Bring tonnes of sand and pour it over the swimming pool area along with the dirt. Then, make the surface smooth with the help of a roller. You can also add soil in the swimming pool area in order to make the empty space lush green. Take some time to research, which soil works best for you.
- Add Topsoil: You have to keep in mind that the last two inches of the swimming pool are filled with that soil. In order to create a lawn, you need approximately five inches of topsoil, for growing vegetables, you need approximately ten inches of topsoil, and for raising plants, you need approximately 15 inches of topsoil.
The Blue2Green Group Swimming Pool Removal Procedure Here