Things To Keep In Mind While Choosing A Pool Removal Company In Newmarket
Are you among the thousands of Canadians who want to get rid of your swimming pool just because you are frustrated with the cost of maintenance and repairs? Well, swimming pools are initially added for fun and adventure, but it is just for the first few months and after that, swimming pools are left high and dry. But, the main thing is the cost factor that is attached to the swimming pool, especially at the time when it is not being used at all. Let us take a look at the top reasons why people make the decision to get rid of their swimming pools, especially in Newmarket. We will also discuss the steps that are needed to be taken by the swimming pool removal company to ensure neat and clean removal of the swimming pool.
Below-mentioned are the top ten reasons most people get rid of their swimming pool in cities like Newmarket:
- The swimming pool was initially built for kids, but they haven’t used it for a long time, so there is no use of having it.
- The swimming pool has to be remodeled, but the price of remodeling is way too much.
- The swimming pool leaks and the cost of repair is quite higher than the cost of removal.
- Moving from the house or renting it, so won’t be able to use the swimming pool and pay the costs that come along with it.
- Never wanted a swimming pool, but the house of our dreams had a pool in it.
- Don’t want a swimming pool because additional space is required for kids and/or pets to play.
- The swimming pool doesn’t match with the shape of the house.
- The swimming pool has been drained and the structure popped out around two feet of the ground.
- Want to get rid of the swimming pool in order to save water and energy.
These were the reasons, and now, we are going to discuss how to find the right swimming pool contractor. Not every contractor is great at removing swimming pools, so you have to find the most appropriate contractor who is proficient in carrying out the swimming pool removal job.
- The first thing that you have to do is check the license number of the contractor. There are many ways of getting the information of a contractor. But, make sure that you only check from the government sites.
- Don’t just hire a contractor after seeing its clientele and experience. Just try to get at least 3-5 bids from top-rated swimming pool removal contractors. But, if choosing a contractor like Blue2Green Group, then there is no need to consider any other.
- Get references from friends and relatives and try to get in touch with those companies.
- Get everything in writing, as it will save you from a number of hassles. Only sign the contract when you are sure about the terms and conditions that are laid out by the company. You also have to make sure that there are no change orders or advance payments for removal of the swimming pool.
- Insurance is another thing that you have to check. A professional contractor needs to have a general liability insurance along with employees’ compensation. Also, there should not be any involvement of the subcontractors in carrying out the job.
- There is no need to pay more than 10% fee at the start of the work. The payment needs to be made after the completion of the work.
- Prior to the start of the project, just take a look if the contractor has got the appropriate permits or not.
- Ask the contractor about the techniques he is going to use for compaction. Also, ask him about the type of soil he will use to fill the swimming pool.
- The experience does count, so you have to give a lot of priority to the contractor who has a vast experience in removing swimming pools. A novice contractor may do it all wrong and then, the cost of removal could exceed the budget.
- Make the final payment after all the work is complete. It is better to analyze the work in order to be sure if the work has been done in the right way or not.