Above Ground Swimming Pool Removal: Getting It Done In The Right Way!
Category : Above-Ground Swim Pools Removed
A swimming pool adds an aesthetic appeal to the house, but after a certain period of time, they become no less than a liability, a liability that irks the owners. People want to get rid of their swimming pools because they can’t pay for cleaning and maintaining of it. The task of removing a swimming pool is not that complicated, yet it has to be done in the right way, so that both, the swimming pool and the floor don’t break up.
Most people have above ground swimming pools, so they really want to know how to remove an above ground pool. If you too want to know the steps, then just keep reading the article.
- Start with connecting the hose on the sump pump, as it has a top connector. After connecting, lower the pump into the swimming pool. Make sure that the hose is placed as far from the swimming pool as possible.
- The next step is to plug in the sump pump and check if the water is pouring out of the hose or not. The time taken in getting all the water out of the pool depends upon the size of the pool. If the pool is large, let’s say around 24 inches X 4 inches, then it may take three days.
- The pump is only effective if there is enough water in the pool. If the water level goes low, then the pump is going to suck in air, so you have to remove the pump as well as the hose.
- You have to get rid of all the clamps, filter hoses and pool filter. If you have done this already, then that’s great. You don’t require the filter and the pump now, so keep them aside.
- Now, take a sharp knife or a scissor and start cutting the pool liner around the top edge. You can walk around the swimming pool inside or outside, whichever way you feel more convenient. Once the liner starts to drop, you need to pull it towards the centre of the pool keeping it away from the wall.
- In the next step, you need to remove the top connecting panels of your swimming pool. You can use a screwdriver or a cordless drill in the reverse mode in order to remove the screws. After removing all the panels, you need to place them in a box.
- Now, you have to start with unscrewing the pool wall. The size of the screws and bolts will be a bit larger than you have expected, so you may require a hand from another member of the family or your friend. Once the pool wall is fully opened, you have to cut three foot sections of the wall using heavy duty metal cutters. This process is going to make the pool removing a lot easier.
- Once you cut and remove all the sections of the swimming pool wall, then you have to disassemble the bottom metal rim that has held the pool wall. You need to pull it out of the dirt and remove the bolts. You will require a few boxes that can accommodate those pieces.
If you are interested in DIY venture, then that’s great, but swimming pool removal is not a child’s plaything, so don’t hesitate to call up a professional swimming pool removal company. They have the right tools and the experienced manpower to remove the swimming pool in the most suitable manner. By browsing the internet, you will be able to find the top above ground swimming pool removal companies in your area, so finding the right one won’t be much of an issue.